Skip to main content

Using a Stylus Pen on a Computer Trackpad

5th/6th Tip: Sarah Burton

As a part of our technology program, I will be sending you tech tips every Tuesday.  They will range in complexity and purpose, but I promise to only send you ideas that I think are worth your time.  This week’s tip comes from the blog The Techie Teacher and involves using an iPad stylus on your computer trackpad.  I played around with it last night and found that it was very helpful when it comes to drawing or writing a signature on the computer.



Using a Stylus Pen on a Computer Trackpad

Using a Stylus Pen on a Computer Trackpad: Works on laptops AND Chromebooks!
A few weeks ago I learned that stylus pens also work on computer trackpads. How did I not know this? As soon as I made this discovery, I grabbed my 99 cent iPad stylus pen, opened Google Autodraw and tested it out on both my MacBook and Chromebook. It worked like a charm!




I posted the image on the left to both my Instagram and Facebook accounts. To my surprise I found out that many people didn't know this random tip either! Honestly, I thought it was just something I overlooked in the overwhelming tech world 😋












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preventing Cheating on Schoology: By Amanda Cross

Hello Friends!  So I am going to spend the next few Tuesday's showing you ways to control cheating on Schoology.  It is not a fix all and won't prevent it but it sure does slow it down and make it more difficult to cheat. The first thing I always do when administering a test or quiz on Schoology is check my settings!  The picture below shows several settings that I use to help with cheating. Randomize Order:  I always randomize the questions as much as possible.  So that no one person is on the same question at the same time.  I also tell students this so that maybe they will think " I can't look at my neighbor because they will have a different question." Resumable:  I always set resumable to NO on a test or quiz because if they go out of schoology it will not let them back into that test and they will have to come see me to be let back in.  Then I can ask them why they got out of the test/quiz.  Now with this setting you will have some that accidentall

Locking iPads in Apple Classroom By: Amanda Cross

Locking students into a specific app on their iPad:  Good afternoon!  Here is another great way to monitor what students are doing on their iPads in your classroom.  When giving a test, quiz, or assignment, I lock them into that app if at all possible by using Apple Classroom.  By doing this they can't leave that app and go to another app on their iPad.  Below you will find a quick 2 minute video that will show you how to do this.  Just remember you have to have that app on your iPad and the student must have that exact app as well.  If you have any questions please let me know.   Thanks! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  https://youtu.be/RBgJqxsBoFM

Yellkey By: Anna Bishop

http://www.yellkey.com/ ·          YellKey.com   comes in handy when you want others in a class, meeting, or presentation to open a URL. YellKey is a temporary URL shortener—the longest a shortened URL can last is 24 hours. The advantage of being temporary is that the final part of the shortened URL (a.k.a. the “key”) can be reused, making it unnecessary to use complicated keys. YellKey provides short URLs with common English words that are easy to pronounce and to type. They always start with   yellkey.com   and end with a random key. An example of a shortened link is   yellkey.com/hour . Other “keys” I’ve seen in YellKey’s URLs include happen, small, across, it, know, make, and memory. ·          You don’t get to choose your key, but if you are unhappy with the key you are given, you can simply enter the full URL again to get a different key.